I hear you already – all cheap Prosecco is awful! Firstly let’s refrain from the word cheap – inexpensive sounds so much nicer. Secondly, I would have agreed with you, but there always seems to be that one exception.
So here goes – an inexpensive Prosecco that really delivers – and don’t just take my word for it!
* Robert Parker (The Wine Advocate) has awarded this wine 90 points
* Best Prosecco of the year – Il Mio Vino 2010
* International Wine & Spirit Competition 2010 – silver medal
* International Wine Challenge 2010 – commended
– and the wine – Riondo Prosecco Frizzante Spago – a pale lemon colour with fine persistent bubbles. Fresh crisp aromas with some floral notes. It has a very attractive off-dry palate with a good balance between the ripe fruit and crisp acidity. A great sparkler for the fast approaching festive season or any occasion – and whisper the price – €7.99)!!